On September 1, 2003, Health Line LLC d/b/a Community Care Pharmacy opened its doors for business for the first time. Ambreen Babar, the owner and supervising pharmacist, worked independently seven days a week to build up a clientele base.
Community Care’s goal is to provide you with the highest quality products for as little cost to you as possible.
After closing the pharmacy at 8:00 P.M. every day, Ambreen personally delivered medications to customers that were not able to come to the pharmacy themselves.
Over the next 6 years, Ambreen built up a base of customers who came to know and trust her friendly, fast service, and excellent advice. Eventually, Community Care Pharmacy outgrew its original location.
Ambreen spent countless hours during the years of 2008 and 2009 working to design and build a brand new, larger pharmacy location to accommodate her constantly growing customer base. On December 18, 2009, Community Care Pharmacy celebrated its grand opening at its new location in Nesheiwat Square in Wappingers Falls, NY.
Community Care Pharmacy is now well known throughout Hudson Valley area, especially in Wappingers Falls, Hopewell Junction, and some parts of Poughkeepsie, for its friendly staff and its ability to fulfill the needs of all customers quickly and efficiently.
Meet The Pharmacists
Ambreen is the owner and supervising pharmacist of Community Care Pharmacy, has been a licensed pharmacist for over 10 years. Prior to opening Community Care, Ambreen was the supervising pharmacist at CVS Pharmacy in Pawling, NY for two and a half years. Ambreen completed her internship at Trucare Pharmacy, located in Brewster, NY, where she also worked as a pharmacy manager. Ambreen completed her primary residence in Virginia, but dreamed of practicing in New York State. She pursued this dream, commuting to New York City weekly to take classes with her three young children.
After years of effort and hard work, Ambreen performed excellently on all three parts of the New York State licensure exam. Today, she lives in Hopewell Junction, NY with her husband and three children. She is a certified health advisor and also recently became licensed to give immunizations to her patients in the pharmacy. Ambreen is an active member of the Pharmacist Society of the State of New York. Additionally, each year, she completes several continuing education courses so that she can provide her customers with the most up-to-date information and services possible. She loves being a pharmacist and helping her community.
William Wood has been with Community Care Pharmacy since 2012. He’s a hard working pharmacist that takes care of filling and dispensing the prescriptions. Say hello to William when you stop in, he’s very friendly and provides top-notch customer service. He has all qualities of being an excellent retail pharmacist.
5 Facts About Community Care Pharmacy
- We are one of the few pharmacies in the Hudson Valley area that is federally accredited by Medicare to distribute all Durable Medical Equipment (DME) products.
- We are part of the national Good Neighbor Pharmacy Network. Good Neighbor Pharmacies strive to offer their patients the best service at the best prices. More information about the Good Neighbor Pharmacy Network can be found at goodneighborpharmacy.com.
- We staff three full time pharmacists, and five completely trained pharmacy technicians. The entire pharmacy staff strives to provide customers with fast and friendly service.
- We accept all major insurances, including all Medicare Part D plans, Medicaid, and Medicare Part B (for DME products).
- We deal with several major drug and medical supply wholesalers including Amerisource Bergen and H.D. Smith and generally receives all orders within one business day.